Deputy Superintendent/Executive Director, Pensions
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is looking for an experienced executive to assume the role of Deputy Superintendent, Pensions. Reporting to the Superintendent of Financial Services, you will provide leadership for the regulation of Ontario registered pension plans, in a challenging and evolving pension regulatory environment.
FSCO is an integrated financial services regulator. In addition to Ontario registered pension plans, FSCO regulates insurance companies and agents, loan and trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires, mortgage brokers and agents and co-operative corporations in Ontario. As Deputy Superintendent, Pensions, you will be part of the senior executive team that leads FSCO.
What can I expect in this role?
Reporting to the CEO and Superintendent, you will:
- Provide strategic pension regulation advice and expertise to the Superintendent, the Minister of Finance and Deputy Minister of Finance.
- Oversee the regulation of the pension industry in Ontario to ensure that regulated pension plans are in compliance with the Pension Benefits Act, its regulations and associated policies.
- Identify and actively manage regulatory issues in an environment of change that demands innovative solutions that improve regulatory outcomes.
- Develop engagement strategies and lead consultations with pension stakeholders.
- Administer the Pension Benefits Guarantee Fund.
- Contribute to FSCO’s corporate executive vision, strategic planning, policy setting and change management strategies as a member of the FSCO Executive Committee.
Location: 5160 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- Executive Leadership:
- You have extensive senior executive experience with demonstrated success in leading and motivating high performing teams.
- You are a skilled influencer with excellent negotiation and communication skills who has proven success in building and managing effective partnerships with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- You have proven executive leadership skills and knowledge of government decision-making processes to oversee the development and ongoing management of strategic operational plans to meet organizational objectives within a corporate environment.
- You are a proven transformational leader with the ability to provide direction for change initiatives to achieve increased efficient and effective operations within a changing/evolving environment.
- You have proven strategic human resource leadership/management skills with demonstrated ability to create and maintain a business culture that promotes service excellence, collaboration across the organization, creative response to change and which values inclusiveness, diversity and innovation.
Pension Industry and Regulation Knowledge:
- You have demonstrated extensive knowledge of the pension industry in Ontario including pension plan operations, structures, products, trends and issues.
- You have demonstrated extensive knowledge of the pension regulatory environment, legislative authority, and the FSCO mandate/objectives related to provincial pension regulation.
- You have knowledge/understanding of regulatory risk assessment, measurement and management principles, strategies and practices.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of pension plan operations and regulatory policy/legislation across Canada.
Salary range: $146,700.00 – $167,650.00 per year
Job ID: 54559
Please apply online, by June 24, 2013, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=54559. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.